Mexico Insurance Refund Policy
Cancellation and Refund Policies:
We obviously hope you do not have to cancel your policy but if you do, we feel that it is very important that you understand our refund policy so that there is no misunderstanding in the event you are forced to cancel your policy for what ever reason. Below we have outlined how this policy applies to different types of policies and at key points in time in the life of an insurance policy. Please read the terms and conditions below so that you are fully informed.
Cancellations prior to effective date and time of your Mexican Insurance Policy:
Mexican Auto Insurance:
- If you wish to cancel your policy, you can do it through our system by signing in on your account with the email that was saved when you purchased your policy but you can only cancel a policy by yourself prior to effective date.
- If you wish to cancel your policy after effective date; you have to apply in writing by sending an e-mail to: sales@DriveMex.com stating the reason you are requesting cancellation.
Penalties for cancellations:
- Amount indicated on your policy as “Policy Fee”, is not cancelable, it is considered an unavoidable penalty.
- If the application for cancellation of the policy is received:
- Before the coverage effective date and time, it is possible to return 100% of the amount indicated as “Net Premium”.
- Otherwise the premium that can be cancelled will be calculated after applying the cancellation rules.
Mexican Homeowners Insurance:
- Prior to policy being effective
- If buying again - flat cancel, you will receive a full refund including the full fee
- If not buying again - flat cancel, you will receive a full refund plus half the fee.
- After policy is in effect - short-rate premium refund but no refund of fee.
If the policy is in-force:
- Up to 3 months: 70% refund
- Up to 6 months: 40% refund
- Up to 9 months: 20% refund
- Over 9 months: No refund. Policy fully earned.